Simply the best course for learning how to design layouts and theme's for Drupal 8!
This course describes and illustrates a variety of approaches for making dynamic layouts in Drupal 8, helping aspiring themers to choose the right approach for their site. During this 2-day course you'll learn and utilize best practices for configuring a flexible and extendable layout for D8 websites by using a variety of coding and configuration techniques to implement custom themes and subthemes.
Class Dates: May 10-11, 2017 (Online & In-Person)
In order to get the most out of this course, web developers or web designers should have taken the 2 day Site Building with Drupal 8 or have prior experience building a Drupal website.
- HTML and CSS skills are essential.
- Familiarity with PHP and the Twig framework is very helpful.
You'll receive instruction from an Acquia Certified Instructor and you'll describe and work with Drupal's theme layer:
- Declare, style, and use custom regions in a theme, theme settings
- Build a sub-theme from a base theme
- Drupal Theming Funamentals
- How does Drupal Theming Work?
- What are Themers?
- Making a Simple Theme
- Working with Regions
- Adding Libraries and Dependencies
- Advanced .info.yml options
- Adding Breakpoints
- Customizing your Theme
- Anatomy of a Theme
- Coding Standards in Drupal
- Introduction to Twig Template Files
- Overrides, Available Variables, and Hooks
- Adding Custom Regions
- Base Themes and Subtheming
- Base Themes, Subthemes, and Core Themes
- Using Subthemes
- Matching a Design Mockup Using Drupal
- Parsing your Client's Design
- Enabling Twig Debugging and Installing Devel
- Creating a New Subtheme from the Classy Base Theme
- Configuring Drupal
- Using Template Overrides
- Adding CSS
- How would you do that in Drupal? Real-World Design Considerations.