Our talented team of marketers and user experience experts has come up with a detailed five (5) page Persona Worksheet that they use when working with clients in advance of an inbound marketing or website redesign project.
According to Forrester, web CMS has become a core part of a broader digital experience management platform. With that comes demands for consistent, flexible support across every customer journey.
As we gear up to sponsor the ASAE Technology Conference, we asked our team of experts a single question: "Thinking about a website design for an association in 2017: What is the most important recommendation you would give an association considering a website redesign next year?" Below are responses from across the agency:
1) "Websites should offer a speedy mobile experience." ~ Etienne Stettler
2) "I recommend high quality photography. It best catches the eye visually. If there aren't any photos available, illustrated graphics help too." ~ Julie Kang
3) "The most important things to consider when redesigning a website are making it accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities, and to ensure that the website works across all types of devices. As such, the website should utilize Responsive Design and adhere to Section 508 Standards and the WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.)" ~ Christian Abad
4) "It's all about engagement. No matter if you are seeking to attract new members, or dive deeper with your current members, associations need to spend time thinking through every step of their engagement cycle. Membership organizations who utilize a Member Centric Journey are better able to attract, convert, service and delight new and existing members." ~ Bret Peters
5) "Dynamic, persuasive content is in: whether using inline video or scroll-triggered content changes, website visitors expect complex content to be engaging to view and read. Not every page must be like this -- focus on your core messages and most innovative content contributions, and spend the time (and budget) to develop a compelling page that tells an immersive story to your audience. People will spend more time reviewing and understanding what you have to say, and as a bonus, they're more likely to share the page with their peers." ~ Jessica Moore
6) "Your website should pass the 5 Second Rule. Namely, when a user comes to your site for the first time they should be able to answer the following questions within 5 seconds:
Fig Leaf is proud to announce the successful redesign, migration and launch of five new websites for the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP). The newly rebranded and designed websites will help AFP achieve their goals of attracting financial professionals and better serving existing members by providing personalized, mobile, tablet and desktop access to AFP’s family of sites:
- Association of Financial Professionals: www.afponline.org
- Certified Treasury Professionals: ctpcert.afponline.org
- Certified Corporate FP&A Professional: fpacert.afponline.org
- Corporate Treasurers Council: ctc.afponline.org
- AFP Annual Conference: www.afpconference.org
The Fig Leaf team worked closely with key stakeholders to create a set of responsive designs and implemented the Progress Sitefinity Content Management System (CMS) to enhance the organization’s ability to easily manage and publish content.
"The Fig Leaf creative team led AFP through agile web design and discovery sprints to custom-tailor each of the newly branded websites to fit with each website’s unique mission and identity,” states Dave Gallerizzo USMCR (Ret.), CEO of Fig Leaf Software. “Fig Leaf's in-house .NET CMS team is well-versed in Ektron, Episerver and Sitefinity. For the AFP they implemented Progress Software’s Sitefinity CMS for all five sites, migrated the content from the Ektron CMS to the Sitefinity 9 platform, and bundled this with a tightly integrated Single Sign-On (SSO) solution tied to Abila's netFORUM Enterprise Association Management System. Launching fives sites at once is a challenging feat but the team pulled it off efficiently and in a timely fashion.”
"We've Got You Covered"
Sign up to receive updates on new events, new classes, discounted promotions, monthly schedules, and more.